GPX Medical seeks a CTO
Open position: Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
About the position
GPX Medical seeks a Chief Technology Officer to lead the R&D team in development of laser-based medical gas sensor technology.
GPX Medical is a start-up company that develops medical systems for in-vivo gas sensing for diagnostic purposes, based on proprietary diode laser spectroscopy.
The Chief Technology Officer is responsible for the company’s technical and product strategy and leadership of all aspects of the company’s technology development. The CTO is the company top technology executive, playing an integral role in the company’s management, strategic direction, development and future growth. The role includes participation in the on-going projects, design, system integration to instruments, and testing and verification. The role includes close collaboration with external partners.
The CTO will take an active role in the laboratory and development work and he/she will be hands-on involved in the development projects.
As the company has a part time CEO and no Sales Director the CTO role will include customer contact and tasks of administrative and financial character usually appointed to the CEO.
The work location is in Lund.
This is a full-time position.
International travel to suppliers, partners, and external collaborators is part of the job with an estimated 20-30 travelling days per year.
The CTO’s responsibilities, within the budget and resources available are:
- Product development and product life cycle management
- Research development and research partnership development
- Processes to define and implement the technical strategy and the product roadmap
- Maintaining and developing the company’s patent portfolio
- Managing relationships with product and service providers.
- Provide in-depth technical expertise
- Sourcing and outsourcing
- Supporting CEO and board of directors in strategic decisions and in relations with existing and potential new investors and stakeholders
The CTO’s tasks:
- Lead the R&D team and R&D projects
- Hands-on-involvement in product development, EU-projects etc.
- Establish new R&D-projects, such as EU-financed projects
- Secure IP and IP-management
Success in this role requires skills/good knowledge/experience in the following areas, and preferences will be given to those with experience in several in these:
- Commercial, entrepreneurial attitude
- Relevant technical expertise (optical instrumentation, laser optics, spectroscopy etc.)
- Product development - Experience from commercialization and industrialization processes
- Research experience, preferably experience from multi-partner research projects
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Experience in leading a team of R&D- personnel and managing R&D projects
- A comprehensive knowledge of system engineering and knowledge of hardware and software
- Technical skills:
- Optical instrumentation (system architecture, optics, electronics, mechanics etc.)
- Experience in laser optics and laser safety
- Experience in production of electronic/photonic systems
- Experience in medical device development and/or production
- Financial management (capital/expense planning, budgeting, etc.)
- Outstanding verbal and written skills as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Considerable management and human relations skills are required to successfully perform the planning, directing, reporting and administrative responsibilities of this position
The CTO holds a minimum of a Master’s degree and has experience in leadership, managing multiple, cross-functional teams or projects and influencing senior level management and key stakeholders.
In addition to skills and experience we seek a colleague that can be part of the GPX Medical team and work together with us to achieve our goals and contribute to an enthusiastic, open and positive workplace. You should be flexible with an attitude to always support in areas where it is needed and with a solution-oriented mind-set. The successful candidate is ambitious, motivated and responsible.
You must be capable of working flexibly under uncertain and changing conditions, with the ability to prioritise and handle multiple tasks under a heavy and demanding workload. You are goal-oriented, self-motivated and committed to the successful outcome of projects.
We are happy to receive your application and CV as soon as possible, but not later than 20/8. Please send your application to email@example.com or to GPX Medical AB, Maskinvägen 1, 227 30 Lund. Responsible for the recruitment is CEO Märta Lewander Xu +46 (0)70 2951113.
Please respect that GPX Medical AB is not interested in contact with any form of recruitment company, consultant, or temp hiring for this or other positions in the company. Only serious applications from individuals will be considered. Due to high workload, please note that GPX Medical AB reserves the right not to reply to applications that do not fulfil the minimum requirements.
About GPX Medical
GPX Medical AB was formed in 2016 as a subsidiary to GASPOROX AB (publ), with the aim to develop and commercialise medical applications of diode-laser based spectroscopic gas-sensing technology. The company is located in Lund, Sweden.
GPX Medical develops medical technology for non-invasive diagnostics of medical complications in air-filled areas of the body, such as the lungs, sinuses and the intestines. The technology is based on spectroscopic methods developed by scientists at Lund University, Sweden.
GPX Medical is the coordinator of a European project to develop technology for monitoring of lung function in preterm infants. The project is partly financed by EUREKA via the Eurostars programme. In addition to GPX Medical, commercial and academic partners from Sweden, Norway and Germany are involved.